Responsible to: Director
Responsible For: Youth Theatre Leaders, Freelance practitioners.
Salary: £15,000 to £19,000 (full time) dependent on experience
Purpose of the job:
This post is responsible for developing and co-ordinating effectively The Pound Arts Trust’s education and learning strategy, for programming and developing education projects, workshops and events, as well as managing the education budget. The post holder will be line managed by the Director and his/her normal place of work will be The Pound Arts Centre in Corsham. The post holder will work with the Director, Deputy Director, Marketing Assistant,
• Develop, co-ordinate and implement The Pound Arts Trust’s education strategy, adhering to the organisation’s mission statement and artistic policy.
• Regularly update the Director and Deputy Director (Programming) on progress of the Education Strategy, seeking approval on all initiatives.
• Regularly report on the results of all education activity to the Director.
• Develop and co-ordinate ActNoW, the youth theatre for north Wiltshire based at The Pound
• Actively recruiting project participants by developing sustainable partnerships with schools, special schools, colleges and organisations across the range of communities in Wiltshire
• Establish partnerships with other arts and non-arts organisations as a way of building audiences for participatory arts and outreach work
• Research and engage the skills of artists and companies with the expertise and experience to deliver exemplary participatory arts and outreach work
• Develop new participatory activities that will help to build diverse audiences and participants for the arts, in liaison with the Deputy Director and Director.
• Maximise opportunities to integrate digital activity into our education work.
• Work in conjunction with creative practitioners to lead education projects.
• To promote accessibility by developing a programme of sign-interpreted and audio-described performances
• Secure funding for education projects by identifying and developing relationships with funders, including but not limited to charitable trusts, grant-making bodies, individuals and companies.
• Secure funding to ensure Pound Arts meets its Catalyst targets.
• As required, gather and compile evaluation on Pound Arts education and participatory activity for funders and stakeholders.
• Manage budgets for education and participatory activities and projects
Marketing and website
• Work with the Marketing Coordinator to develop and maximise an education and learning presence on the organisation’s website, ensuring accessibility.
• Maintain a database of all project participants.
• In conjunction with education practitioners, create and maintain all education resources, including workshop plans where necessary.
• Be the first point of contact for all education practitioners.
• Ensure that Pound Arts’ organisational policies are adhered to at all times.
• House management of live performances and film screenings as required
• Attend internal and external meetings as required.
• Regularly attend Pound Arts productions and projects.
• Represent Pound Arts at events and conferences as required.
• Undertake any further training as specified and agreed with the Director.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Previous experience of delivering/managing/co-ordinating education projects.
• Experience and understanding of both formal and informal education projects.
• A passion for creating creative projects
• Ability to work under pressure on many different projects at the same time and
prioritise work, ensuring deadlines are met.
• High attention to detail with the ability to work unsupervised.
• A creative and strategic mind.
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office.
• Strong administration and organisational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to use initiative.
• A common sense approach to problem solving.
• A commitment to developing a career in arts education
• An ability to communicate a passion for the arts to people with different expectations and cultural experiences
• Knowledge and experience of the education/youth sector and the National Curriculum
• An effective team worker.
• Ability to deal sensitively with staff, artists and the general public.
• Personable and presentable
• Ability and willingness to work outside of normal office hours when required
• Awareness and understanding of customer care, health and safety, child protection
and equal opportunities initiatives.
Desirable Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
• An interest in the performing arts.
• Knowledge of digital media.
As this role involved supervising children, this post is subject to a CRB check
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Title of Post: Creative Learning Officer
Contract: Initially 18 months, reviewed after first six months.
Working hours: For full time staff, working hours are normally 37.5 per week excluding meal breaks, to include some evening and weekend duties (the frequency depends on the post) on a rota with other staff. There is no paid overtime but where possible TOIL can be arranged.
Holidays: For full time staff, the annual holiday entitlement is 20 working days in addition to statutory bank holidays. For part time staff, the holiday entitlement is pro rata.
Salary: £15,000-19,000 depending on skills and experience.
Salaries are paid monthly in arrears on the final Friday of each month.
Probation: For all permanent posts, there is a six month probationary period which will be followed by a review meeting.
Notice period: One month’s notice is required.
Equal Opportunities: Pound Arts is committed to promoting equality of opportunity in its employment practices. In particular the company aims to ensure that no potential or actual employee receives more or less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, marital or civil partner status, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, disability or religious beliefs.
How to apply:
Application by submission of completed application form and CV, showing how the points required in the job description are met.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 12pm Friday 7th February.
Please send to Russ Tunney, Director, Pound Arts, Pound Pill, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9HX or e mail to email@example.com
The interview date for shortlisted applicants is week commencing 10th February
Download the application form here