Promoting a Safe Environment at The Pound
Now that The Pound has re-opened, we wanted to reassure you that we are doing all we can to maintain a COVID-secure environment. In order to achieve this, we rely on you to keep in mind your own safety and the safety of others:
Clarifications on new Tier 2 restrictions from 2 December 2020
- Please book tickets for people in your household or support bubble only. You are no longer allowed to meet or socialise with friends or family from other households indoors (e.g. sitting together inside the auditorium or in the café).
- Hospitality venues are not allowed to serve alcohol without a ‘substantial meal’ which means that we are unable to serve alcoholic drinks during evening performances.
- Classes, such as Pilates, ballet or art groups, will go ahead as scheduled.
THE FOLLOWING SAFETY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING
- Additional cleaning.
- Hand sanitisers.
- Face coverings are required (including staff).
- Contactless payments.
- One-way system.
- Two metre social distancing (1m+ in the auditorium)
- One out, one in toilet policy.
- Indoor cafe has ‘extended’ into the gallery space to enable social distancing and is now table service only.
- Improved airflow.
VISITORS ARE ASKED:
To be mindful of current Government and HSE guidelines, as well as public health recommendations:
- Please sign in to the building using the Track and Trace QR code, or give your name and contact number at box office.
- Avoid visiting The Pound if you are feeling unwell.
- Wash your hands often using soap and water and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least two metres away from others who are not part of your party, and do not shake hands or hug.
- Please keep your party together (especially if there are children in your group) to help maintain social distancing with other visitors.
- If you must cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, not into your hand or into the air.
SEATED EVENTS IN THE AUDITORIUM:
- Your seats will be allocated on your arrival in the auditorium to allow for social distancing at at least 1m+. Please contact the Box Office if you have specific seating requirements.
- Please have your ticket downloaded to your smart phone (or printed at home) with the QR code ready to be scanned by a member of staff.
- Audience members will be asked to socially distance at all times (the ‘rule of six’ applies to all groups).
- A face covering is required to be worn throughout your visit and for the duration of the event.
- A one-way system through the cafe/bar is in place.
- Audience members are advised to take a comfort break before entering the auditorium.